Re: [Chicken-users] printf in libchicken.a ?

From: Zbigniew
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] printf in libchicken.a ?
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 16:31:18 -0600

I'm still guessing it's because you compiled Chicken with gcc-4.0
(true?) and are now using g++-3.3 to build your application.  On PPC
you will get this exact error when linking 3.3 with 4.0 code.  Perhaps
try adding "-lSystemStubs" after -lchicken instead of before.

There's a bunch of hits on Google for this problem.  Search for
SystemStubs or _fprintf$LDBLStub.  For example,

http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/GHC/FAQ#Linking_with_ghc_produces_ld:_Undefined_symbols:__sprintf.24LDBLStub_...

Why can't you compile your app with g++ 4.0?