[Chicken-users] Re: [Chicken-hackers] time->string

From: Kon Lovett
Subject: [Chicken-users] Re: [Chicken-hackers] time->string
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 11:20:32 -0800

On Jan 19, 2008, at 10:19 AM, felix winkelmann wrote:

Hi!

Alex Shinn suggested the other day on #chicken to remove the #\newline
character from the string returned by "time->string" (which is, after
all, pretty silly
to have by default, but that's what asctime(3) returns). Every time I
use this function, I feel I have to cringe.

After grepping through the repository, I found the following uses:

chicken: posixunix.scm, posixunix.scm (naturally)

sigma: sigma.scm
testbase-results: testbase-reports.scm

Change is good.

This may break existing applications.

I'm normally rather reluctant to make backwards-incompatible changes
(do I hear someone laugh there in the audience?), but since a new
major release is due, and we have branched the repository for exactly
these kind of changes we might as well do it now.

So, if you feel time->string should keep the trailing #\newline,
pleae speek up.