Re: [Chicken-users] Web applications

From: Jean-Philippe Theberge
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Web applications
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 16:34:14 -0500

Tobia Conforto wrote:
Hello Chicken all-knowers,

I'm about to design a new, very AJAXy web application and I'd like to write it in Chicken, plus jQuery on the client side.

What framework/server/storage engine/miscellaneous eggs/deployment tactics do you recommend or have worked with in the past?

For my very ajax intensive app, what I have done is a chicken program that read and return xml and a
php frontend to take care of the user interface.

This way I have the best of two worlds as php is good for the web-oriented stuff (like ajax) and chicken is good for the more serious stuff (like databases).

--
BuddyPilots <http://www.buddypilots.com>
*Jean-Philippe Théberge*