Re: [Chicken-users] how to join two threads ?

From: Thomas Christian Chust
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] how to join two threads ?
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 00:05:21 +0100

minh thu schrieb:

> [...]
> I'd like to know how I can make an srfi-18 thread wait for the
> completion of another one.
> [...]

>From the SRFI-18 standard document:

  (thread-join! thread [timeout [timeout-val]])         ;procedure

    The current thread waits until the thread terminates (normally or
    not) or until the timeout is reached if timeout is supplied. If the
    timeout is reached, thread-join! returns timeout-val if it is
    supplied, otherwise a "join timeout exception" is raised. If the
    thread terminated normally, the content of the end-result field is
    returned, otherwise the content of the end-exception field is
    raised.

cu,
Thomas