Re: [Chicken-users] Re: Debian slander?

From: Zbigniew
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Re: Debian slander?
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2007 20:38:54 -0600

On Dec 23, 2007 2:34 AM, John Cowan <address@hidden> wrote:
> felix winkelmann scripsit:
>
> > > Chicken's interpreter is not
> > > strongly performant, but does provide strong debugging facilities.
> >
> > I'd remove that last sentence above.
>
> I think it's true: if you want a fast interpreter, you wouldn't use csi,
> would you?  No use implying that Chicken is something it isn't.

This is what I get, and what others will get, from that sentence:

"Chicken is slow."

It would be equally true to say that Chicken comes with a reasonably
fast interpreter for interactive use and scripting.

Imagine this blurb for python:

"Python, the high-level, interactive object oriented language,
includes an extensive class library with lots of goodies for network
programming, system administration, sounds and graphics.  It's also
somewhat slow and not particularly functional, but that hardly matters
in practice."