[Chicken-users] Handy Chicken doc additions

From: Jon Strait
Subject: [Chicken-users] Handy Chicken doc additions
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2007 19:31:38 -0800

When I was learning Chicken, it was a pain to keep scouring the Chicken wiki for the additional procedures that Chicken added on top of R5RS and the SRFI's, especially with respect to the most commonly used procs; working with strings, lists, and input/output. Chicken's own input/output procs seem to be scattered about among 3 different units.

So, I enhanced the SRFI-1 and SRFI-13 indexes, adding in entries to related Chicken procs where I thought appropriate. I also created a new index to all the input/output procs. The goal was that everything from R5RS, SRFI's, and Chicken should be listed together under the right category.

http://moonloop.net/chicken/doc/

Also, there's an HTML-ized page and index to the user portions of the PCRE (regular-expression) man page. For those of you who have tried to find anything useful about PCRE from browsing through that man page dump, you will understand why I did this.

If anyone has suggestions for additions or adjustments, let me know. Maybe some of it can be folded into the Chicken wiki somewhere or give inspiration for some reorganizing.

Jon