Re: [Chicken-users] Installing Octave Egg

From: Siegfried Gonzi
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Installing Octave Egg
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 11:34:37 +0100

> Von: "felix winkelmann" <address@hidden>

> Invalid lexical syntax can be caught, but the compiler can not always
> infer the semantic meaning of a compiled s-expression. Can you give
> an example of invalid syntax that should be caught?

Hi Felix:

I mean if I do not import anything (I guess the compiler knows that) why is
that hard to spot lets say (vecctorrss-ref ...) that is nowhere defined?

I have really no clue about compiler internals but when giving the compiler
option 'check for imports' it should at least be possible that the compiler
gives me a line number or the function where the problem occurs.

But (I will study Will F. his reply though): Can I use Chicken in interpreted
mode (as I would do it under Bigloo) because this one should give me the line
number of the problem. Something like this:

==
;; script.scm
(system 'csc foo.scm')
(system './foo')
==

csc -i script.scm

Thanks, Siegfried
PS: I will come back on egg stuff in the evening.
Der kann`s mit allen: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/multimessenger?did=10