Re: [Chicken-users] Postscript: (Reading binary files)

From: Siegfried Gonzi
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Postscript: (Reading binary files)
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 23:10:12 +0100

Sorry I tried it that -check-imports: but jonestly: I want a line number or at
least the function where the problem occurs. I mean a 1000 line program please
do not ask me to use Emacs for searching the hot-spot then because I only know
some basic Emacs commands.

Hey, why is it hard for the compiler to tell me the line number?

I cannot remember how Bigloo dealt with that kind of things because it is been
3 months ago when I last used Bigloo (I cannot install it on my Leopard). But
not that bad I think otherwise I would like to remember.

But this is a totally different experience for me that kind with runtime
errors. I know this from IDL.

Anyone here who has ever developed 2000 lines of Chicken code?

Btw: Cicken is also fast on micro benchmark. When doing the matrix-matrix on
512 arrays and not 2048 though C is 2 times faster now than Chicken but still
Chicken is blazingly fast on this.

Regards, Siegfried

-------- Original-Nachricht --------