[Chicken-users] Installing Octave Egg

From: Siegfried Gonzi
Subject: [Chicken-users] Installing Octave Egg
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 22:22:49 +0100

hello: sorry for this basic question: I want to install egg Octave.

chicken-setup octave

downloads and creates cotave.egg and octave.egg-dir.

However, when doing this:

==
(octave:start)
(octave:plot '(1 2 3) '(3 2 1))
==

I get a segmentation fault. The octave egg readme is not very helpful. I do not
understand if I must set somehow a path variable or linking octave.egg?

Btw: I am still looking for an answer if there is a trick or compiler option to
tell Chicken to check my syntax before complaining at runtime. Sorry for this
but this was nowhere a problem under Bigloo at least for me. I never had
thought that other Schemes will complain at runtime first.

Thanks,
Siegfried