Re: [Chicken-users] Is chicken scheme suitable for this job?

From: Kon Lovett
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Is chicken scheme suitable for this job?
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 19:36:49 -0700

On Oct 30, 2007, at 2:35 PM, naruto canada wrote:

hi

(I'm sending seceral scheme implementors this message)
Can chicken scheme fulfill this requirement?
Let's say I have to implement some numerical library,
and given some C headers files and description for what the library should do, and the C interface can not be changed for binary compatibility and ABI reason.
The library is simply numerical and
no IO or system call allowed (except malloc, free, and fprintf for debug).

Are you asking if a C linkage library can be written in Chicken Scheme? If yes, then yes. But you will need to do some work to make sure a minimum of Chicken runtime is used.

Can Hobbit generate C code that is suitable for linking and embeding
in other project? There is no need for an interpreter.

Thanks