Re: [Chicken-users] External procedures at runtime

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] External procedures at runtime
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 02:02:55 -0400

felix winkelmann scripsit:

> What exactly do you mean with "externally callable". Do you mean
> that it should be possible to recognize procedures defined with
> "define-external"?  This shouldn't be too hard: the lolevel unit has
> some functions for decorating procedures with arbitrary data and a
> custom variant macro of "define-external" could then expand into the
> normal define-external + decorator code.

That sounds good.  (BTW, there doesn't seem to be any way for a
extended procedure to get hold of its *own* data, unless of course
you pass it to itself as an argument.  This would be a good thing
to fix.)

Okay, then the next issue is that there is no obvious way, given
a procedure, to pass it through the C interface: there is no
procedure type.

--
Income tax, if I may be pardoned for saying so,         John Cowan
is a tax on income.  --Lord Macnaghten (1901)           address@hidden