Re: [Chicken-users] Automated builds

From: Mario Domenech Goulart
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Automated builds
Date: 09 Jul 2007 13:22:35 -0300

On Mon, 9 Jul 2007 08:54:24 +0200 "felix winkelmann" <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 7/3/07, Arto Bendiken <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> > Perhaps, then, we could use a form like (platforms ...) to indicate
> > that an egg will only build on some specific platforms. One would
> > probably like to refer to some existing build/package management
> > platform for a good standard set of symbolic platform names, e.g.:
> > linux, darwin (= Mac OS X), freebsd, win32, or whatever.
>
> I have added a "(platform ...)" property to
>
> http://chicken.wiki.br/Metafile reference
>
> This is enforced nowhere, just a convention. The property should hold
> feature id's (symbols), as returned by "software-type", "build-platform", etc.

Maybe it should be used only when the egg is platform-specific, since
we have only a few eggs in this situation.  If "(platform ...)" is
ommited, it means that the egg is platform-independent.  Otherwise, as
far as I understand, we'd have to fill the "(platform ...)" section
with every supported platform when the egg is platform-independent.

What do you think?

Best wishes,
Mario