Re: [Chicken-users] Noob question: (re)compile FFI-accessing code within

From: Alex Queiroz
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Noob question: (re)compile FFI-accessing code within REPL
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 10:49:13 -0300

Hallo,

On 7/2/07, Martin Percossi <address@hidden> wrote:
Alex Queiroz wrote:

>     You must grab gzip and tar for Windows. You can get them at
> http://unxutils.sourceforge.net/
>
> Personally, I have a c:\devtools directory hierarchy (bin, lib,
> include etc.) with lots of useful tools and libraries.

In other words you have, *in addition to C:\msys\1.0 and C:\mingw*, a
directory C:\devtools which contains the hierarchy of unxutils as well
as other utilities you found useful, right? I suppose that you also
added the C:\devtools\bin to you PATH, correct? Does windows require the
equivalent of LD_LIBRARY_PATH to be set to C:\devtools\lib ? Finally,
did you allow CMake to install in its default path (Program File\CMake)
or did you put it in devtools?

    Yes, I have c:\devtools\bin in my PATH. There I have cmake,
darcs, wget, gzip, tar etc. as well as Chicken itself. When I
configured the Chicken installation base dir, I set it to c:\devtools.
    Static libraries go to c:\devtools\lib, but DLLs go to
c:\devtools\bin, so Windows don't have a problem finding them. Chicken
eggs go to c:\devtools\lib\chicken\1, where Chicken can find them.

-alex
http://www.ventonegro.org/