[Chicken-users] Issues with the blas library

From: Ivan Raikov
Subject: [Chicken-users] Issues with the blas library
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2007 13:09:55 +0900

Hi all,

   I accidentally discovered that the procedure blas:dgemm in the blas
egg causes a segmentation fault when called with a TRANSPOSE argument
that is a character, instead of one of the transpose constants. Is
this normal, or could it possibly be an indication of an issue with
the FFI interface?

   Also, would anyone be opposed if I modify the blas interface to
have safe/unsafe and pure/destructive variants of each routine,
similar to the interface of the atlas-lapack egg? I think it's
sensible to at least add optional bounds checking, which simplifies
debugging considerably, and a pure functional interface makes it a lot
less awkward to program with blas.

     -Ivan