Re: [Chicken-users] thumbtribes

From: Graham Fawcett
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] thumbtribes
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 12:01:27 -0400

On 6/26/07, john <address@hidden> wrote:
The basic aim of the project is a simple client on the phone that
lists users in your defined proximity who meet certain criteria or
preferences you specified on the website (ideas welcome). You will
have the ability to retrieve their profile and message them etc. The
overall goal is that the client runs on low cost smart phones and is
not expensive to run. So far, in terms of embedded devices, I have run
the client on a Nokia 770 with Bluetooth GPS over my phones GPRS
connection.

That's cool! Regretabbly, I don't think I have any device that would
take advantage of a service like this. (Well, I could hard-code the
coordinates of our server-room, I guess. :-)) But obviously others do,
and this sounds like a neat idea.

I hope you'll post updates on the list about your progress (and hope
you find some volunteers).

Regards,
Graham