Re: [Chicken-users] A couple of questions about exceptions

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] A couple of questions about exceptions
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 10:05:58 +0200

On 6/5/07, john <address@hidden> wrote:
I have a couple of general questions on exceptions.

1. When handling an exception I can print the call chain out but how
do I actually print the error?

Just pass the exception object to "print-error-message".

2. When a new thread is started how do I signal an error in a
previously defined exception handler e.g. in the primordial thread.

"thread-signal!" might possibly work.

2. If (barf1) is uncommented I would like to handle this error outside
the current thread and in this case just use the previously defined
exception handler.

You can of course also do a "thread-join!" in the thread that creates
the thread throwing the error, which would then re-signal the
exception that caused the child-thread to terminate. But that depends
on your use of the stuff.