Re: [Chicken-users] busy-wait in tcp-connect

From: Dan Muresan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] busy-wait in tcp-connect
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 15:24:36 +0300

While we're on the topic, I find Chicken's lightweight-threads and srfi-18 compatible streams incredibly useful. However, it's a pity that only unit tcp (and the (process) function) can create such streams.

For example, it would be nice if one could create pipes with the same property; or, more generally, if any file descriptor could be wrapped in a srfi-18 compatible stream (or pair of streams).

The code is already there, so this should be quite feasible. I *almost* understand how it works, but there seem to be some messy details...

P.S. I have some other thoughts about binary streams and a possible stream API, but I'll make that a separate message.

Cheers,
Dan