Re: [Chicken-users] New eggs: digraph, graph-dfs, graph-bfs, graph-scc,

From: sramsay
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] New eggs: digraph, graph-dfs, graph-bfs, graph-scc, graph-cycles
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 09:59:45 -0500

On Tue, May 15, 2007 at 10:39:32AM +0900, Ivan Raikov wrote:
>    I have created several eggs that together comprise an alternative
> to the rgraph egg. I believe my implementation is somewhat more
> modular and as a consequence provides a simpler interface. I have also
> included an implementation of BFS, which was lacking in rgraph when I
> checked last.

Wow, is that good timing!  I've been doing a lot of stuff with graphs
lately.  I look forward to testing it out.

This seems to be trend with descendants of the Boost graph library.
It's just the sort of highly abstract design that makes computer
scientists feel all warm and fuzzy inside, and yet the abstraction
itself ends up making the whole thing too complicated ("All I want to
do is . . .").  Exactly the same thing happened with the Ruby versions
of the Boost graph bindings.  Ruby port of Boost graph, followed by
a version with a vastly simplified interface.

Steve

--
Stephen Ramsay
Assistant Professor