Re: [Chicken-users] Use of Windows posix unit & process-execute/process-

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Use of Windows posix unit & process-execute/process-spawn
Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 08:34:27 +0200

On 5/9/07, Kon Lovett <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Folks,

Has anyone used the process-execute and/or process-spawn procs in the
Windows posix unit? My reading of the code leads me to believe they
do not function per the documentation. (And testing confirms this.)

The process-execute proc uses a DSSSL style argument list but the
body seems to assume a std Scheme style optional argument(s) (.i.e as
if (foo a b . rest)).

The process-spawn proc uses std Scheme style optional argument(s) but
the body assumes only a single optional argument (an args list) is
passed, and not the immediate list of args as the documentation
specifies.

I am especially interested in the spawn call because I am going to
modify it to follow the optional args & env list per the process-
execute signature. If the documented behavior is what is desired
please let me know.

You are right, both where incorrect. I'll push a fix for posixwin.scm in
a few moments.