Re: [Chicken-users] CMake build

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] CMake build
Date: Tue, 1 May 2007 01:10:30 -0400

Brandon Van Every scripsit:

> It suggests that CMake has bugs on Linux, and that people would have to
> resolve them by posting on the CMake mailing list.  There could be 2
> separate bugs here.  At least now we have confirmation that the "make
> install" bug isn't just on Felix's box.

Okay, I've done a whole bunch of Linux installs under various conditions,
and I've found that the problem arises if and only if the installation is
going to replace the EXTANT_CHICKEN it was configured to use.  If you keep
a private copy of chicken-static around and always use that, you never
have a problem with rebuilding on install.  What's more, when building
from a tarball, where EXTANT_CHICKEN is irrelevant, there is no problem.

Does *that* suggest anything to anyone?

--
John Cowan    address@hidden    http://ccil.org/~cowan
The present impossibility of giving a scientific explanation is no proof