[Chicken-users] Define-external error

From: William Ramsay
Subject: [Chicken-users] Define-external error
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 18:50:50 -0400

Hi,

I don't know if this is a Ramsay, a Chicken, an easyFF, or a GTK error, but I get the following when I use g_signal_connect, which is supposed to call back to Scheme when a button is pressed.

The command     (g_signal_connect button "color-set" #$setColor 1)

Should call back to: (define-external (setColor ((pointer "GtkColorButton") widget) (c-pointer data))
                                     void
                                     (printf "got data = ~A~%" data) )

But it gives me a type error:

Error: (location) bad argument type - locative can not refer to objects of this type: #<procedure (setColor widget1371 data1372)>

If I change the pointer to "GtkWidget"  I get the same error.

I use this exact same mechanism in other calls and everything works fine. When I do it with a GtkColorButton or a GtkFontButton I get this error. Both buttons are defined as class GtkWidget, the same at the buttons that work.

I'm sort of lost, so any help will be greatly appreciated.

Bill