Re: [Chicken-users] chicken-setup feature-request

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] chicken-setup feature-request
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 10:27:23 +0200

On 4/25/07, foobar <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,
may i request a feature for chicken-setup, unless i missed something
and it's allready there, of course.

The thing is that i want to be able to specifiy the path where
eggs are fetched and built into. At the moment i have a separate
directory where i need to change into prior to a chicken-setup-call
in order to not pollute my filesystem (my homedir most of the time)
with the eggs being spread everywhere :)

My idea is to control it via an environmentvariable.
A suitable default-value for unixes would probably be /tmp.
As the build-dir is allready a prameter, you could just
parameterize it, no?

If there is allready such a feature could you please
tell me about it?

No, there currently is not such a feature, but your idea makes
a lot of sense. The build-dir parameter is currently only suitable
for reading, so its not quite that easy. But I'll think of something.