Re: [Chicken-users] Chicken 2.6 available from MacPorts

From: Zbigniew
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Chicken 2.6 available from MacPorts
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2007 09:57:25 -0500

In fact these options are fine with me for a general build.  However,
when I `sudo port -v install chicken` I get lines such as the
following:

/usr/bin/gcc-4.0 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I/opt/local/include
-DC_BUILDING_LIBCHICKEN -Ipcre -DSUPPORT_UTF8 -DSUPPORT_UCP
-DPCRE_STATIC -I/opt/local/include -DC_ENABLE_PTABLES
-DC_NO_PIC_NO_DLL -no-cpp-precomp -c runtime.c  -fno-common -DPIC -o
.libs/libchicken_la-runtime.o

which lack optimization entirely.

This could be user error; I just started using MacPorts a couple weeks
ago, so maybe I need to set an environment variable or tweak a config
file.