Re: [Chicken-users] Compiling problems

From: Brandon J. Van Every
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Compiling problems
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2007 12:25:35 -0800

Mao.. wrote:
> Hello, everyone. I'm new here. I have downloaded chicken before, when it
> was published with binary and
>
> already-to-use makefile for nmake. But now, there's no more binaries or
> already made makefiles.
>
> Today I download the latest package and compile it with cmake. I have
> mingw, msys, and visual c++ 8. when
>
> compiling with vs8, cmake tells me that "testCCompile.c: fatal error
>
> C1902: program database manager mismatch: please check your installation".
>
> and with MSYS, I get "/d/chicken/cmakefiles/cmaketmp/cmakefiles 1, ...)
>
> failed. make (e=3): system cannot find the path.
>
> what can I do, thank you!

Is this VS8 Express edition or a full commercial edition? Nobody has
gotten VS8 Express yet to work. Someone needs to run Chicken under a
debugger to figure this out. I'm still too lazy, as VS8 Express isn't
that important to me. I'm hoping one of the people actually trying to
get VS8 Express to work, wants to take that chore on.

How is the CMake MSYS working? That should work just fine, it's my
primary development environment.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every