Re: [Chicken-users] cross-platform gui toolkit

From: Tony Sidaway
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] cross-platform gui toolkit
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 08:36:55 +0000

I'm considering the pros and cons of this, but I am with Felix in the
belief that a simple, Schemish basic GUI layer design is desirable.
It shouldn't require Qt or Gtk, which are both on the heavy end of GUI
toolkits.  Instead it should provide a layer that works on top of
whatever GUI tools are available, with a minimum of back-end glue
code.

I'm fairly new to Chicken development (though not to Scheme) and I'm
making an effort to gain experience in designing extensions and
tinkering with the engine.  My aim is to gain enough experience to be
able to contribute to the production of a GUI of this kind.