Re: [Chicken-users] pcre_extended by default?

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] pcre_extended by default?
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 02:02:18 -0500

felix winkelmann scripsit:

> One small question: integration of PCRE into chicken is nearly complete,
> and I wondered whether PCRE's extended pattern syntax should actually
> be enabled by default. Opinions?

That's equivalent to the Perl /x option, and should not be turned on by
default, as it causes pcre to ignore whitespace and Perl-style comments.
It has nothing to do with the Perl extensions to Posix regex syntax --
they are always turned on.

I do urge you to configure pcre with --enable-utf8 and
--enable-unicode-properties so that it will work correctly with the utf8
egg (provided the UTF-8 options are used at pattern compile and pattern
exec time).  I assume you are providing access to the native interface,
not just the Posix-compatible one.

--
John Cowan        http://ccil.org/~cowan   address@hidden
Lope de Vega: "It wonders me I can speak at all.  Some caitiff rogue did