Re: [Chicken-users] RedHat and Debian packages

From: Brandon J. Van Every
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] RedHat and Debian packages
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 23:15:46 -0800

Harri Haataja wrote:
On 15/01/07, Brandon J. Van Every <address@hidden> wrote:
The fragmentation in the Linux world is ridiculous.  I'm on my 4th OS
installation attempt in 3 weeks, trying to get either dual boot or
triple boot systems going, because of RedHat vs. Debian issues.  All the
Cell SDK stuff is RPM based, and it hadn't dawned on me that I simply
couldn't use Debian.

Have you looked at alien?
http://packages.debian.org/alien

I believe I did. I saw caveats about package converters. Since the Cell SDK sets up a cross-compiler and a Cell simulator, I really don't think it's a good idea to put the packages through magic transformations.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every