Re: [Chicken-users] Egg of a program

From: minh thu
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Egg of a program
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 10:42:33 +0100

2007/1/13, Pupeno <address@hidden>:
Hello Chicken Users,
How do you make an Egg of a program ? That is I have a bunch of .scm files
that are compiled into a program, not a shared library/extension. How do I
make the egg to build the program and install it on /usr/bin/ for example ?

You can see here : http://chicken.wiki.br/chicken-setup for explanation.
(When you're on the wiki, make sure to go on the main page (Home),
there's a lot of interesting stuff there)

You can also untar an egg from
http://www.call-with-current-continuation.org/eggs/ (eggs are really
just gzipped tar archives) and look at the .script file for an example
(the file is packaged in the .egg file).

To install your egg, I think you can use the -local option of
chicken-setup but it's not available on my chicken-setup (the one that
comes with ubuntu). Maybe you need a fairly recent chicken-setup...

Cheers
thu