[Chicken-users] Spiffy Webserver

From: Jeremy Cowgar
Subject: [Chicken-users] Spiffy Webserver
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2006 01:52:04 -0500

Anyone have some example sites run w/Spiffy? How robust is Spiffy? I have a
site that is currently handling ~ 2.5 million hits/mo, or on average 51 a
second. It's currently backed by MySQL and is using almost no cache due to
poor design (not totally my fault).

It's a long story, but the current code base is of almost no value and I am
contemplating a rewrite. First and foremost with caching at the front line.
I am thinking of putting something like Spiffy behind Lighttpd and using
mod_cml, so that the cache system achieves near static html performance.

The only thing Spiffy would be responsible for is the dynamic, non-cachable
items, which should be minimal. I know it's silly, but I do not have hard
numbers on what that would be, but guessing it would probably be down to
about 10% of the requests, 222k/mo, or 5 per minute on average (which is a
bad way to figure because we get 90% of activity during 11am-12pm EST.

Is Spiffy up to something like this?

Jeremy