Re: [Chicken-users] Spiffy

From: Peter Bex
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Spiffy
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2006 19:36:43 +0100

On Sat, Dec 09, 2006 at 08:22:56PM +0200, Dan Muresan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have had, at last, the pleasure to play with spiffy to creaet a
> simple web front-end. As I said, it has been a pleasure, mostly, but
> there are some warts:

Let me add one observation to that:
It probably would be nicer to have either REQUIRE, USE etc overriden
so they look in the directory that contains the requested page
or have the server chdir to it and go back once the response has
been generated.  I'm not sure what would be the best solution to
this.  Perhaps others have ideas about this.

The reason why this should be done is that you need to know exactly
where each file is located, and it would make webscripts more
modular.  You could just throw a few different webscripts on your
server under the rootdir and not have to throw a whole bunch of
libraries into the rootdir (with all name clashes that might result).

Regards,
Peter
--
http://sjamaan.ath.cx