Re: [Chicken-users] Announcement: http-server-form-posts egg

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Announcement: http-server-form-posts egg
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 07:30:53 +0100

On 11/7/06, Moe Aboulkheir <address@hidden> wrote:

Looking at the headers alist, it seems the client sent Connection: Keep-alive.    I am
guessing that you would get the same terminal output ("... kept alive ...") for
any kind of HTTP request where the client sends such a header, regardless of whether you
are using http-server-form-posts or not.

That's right. As long as the client doesn't send "Connection: close" (HTTP/1.1)
or does send "Connection: keep-alive" (HTTP/1.0), the connection stays open,
to allow persistent connections (at least, that's my reading of the HTTP
protocol). Spiffy doesn't do timeouts yet, so it waits either on a connection
breakdown or until the client times out and closes the connection.

http://galinha.ucpel.tche.br:8081/blog/blog.ssp