Re: [Chicken-users] OpenGL on MinGW

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] OpenGL on MinGW
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 23:04:22 +0200

On 9/24/06, Brandon J. Van Every <address@hidden> wrote:

- I modified the attached opengl.setup file to remove GLUT support.
GLUT is ancient.  The last official release of GLUT was in 1998, it is
unsupported, and the license does not allow modifications of the source
code to be distributed.  FreeGLUT is more recent, dating to 2005, but it
didn't compile on MinGW.  GLUT should not be assumed to be available or
maintained on all platforms.  As such, it needs to be moved to its own egg.

I haved separated the opengl and glut functionality into two different eggs.

- the attached sdl-gears.scm demo (thanks again from Felix) will compile
with the following build command.  It then runs just fine, proving that
the opengl support works.

  csc sdl-gears.scm -C `sdl-config --cflags` -L "`sdl-config --libs`"

- the build fails with:

  csc sdl-gears.scm -C "`sdl-config --cflags`" -L "`sdl-config --libs`"

There is a problem with -C and quoting the resultant
-I/usr/local/include option.

I'm somehow sceptical about your shell. Is this the MSYS shell?
(does such a thing exist? I dunno nothin' about mingw, see)