Re: [Chicken-users] status of the cmake build on win32

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] status of the cmake build on win32
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 07:52:13 -0400

felix winkelmann scripsit:

> John: does chicken-setup (the current version) run on cygwin with
> the autoconf build?

At the moment I can't be sure.  I know it works when loading eggs
locally rather than from the repository.  I just tried loading
srfi-29 into my current installation, in which the last patch is:

Mon Sep 11 03:48:46 EST 2006  address@hidden
  * - fixed bug in CMakeLists.txt

and it fails when trying to remove locale.egg.dir.  I recommend that
you change chicken-setup to keep going even if *.dir directories can't be
removed.

If I pull patches and rebuild, my firewall will bitch about a newly
modified version of chicken-setup trying to access the Internet,
and I am not physically at the system to click OK on the popup,
and may not be there for some time.  I normally get around this
problem by using wget to fetch eggs and then doing local installs.

--
Real FORTRAN programmers can program FORTRAN    John Cowan
in any language.  --Allen Brown                 address@hidden