[Chicken-users] Bizarre chicken build/segfault problem

From: Peter Bex
Subject: [Chicken-users] Bizarre chicken build/segfault problem
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 20:00:16 +0200

Hi there,

I am getting a strange segfault in Chicken when I compile SRFI-19.
It happens reliably.  This system is NetBSD/amd64, it happens both with
the latest release (2.41) and the latest SVN checkout (2.430).

The reason I'm posting here is that there is one thing that baffles me:
When running a backtrace with GDB, it tells me the error occurs in a
function in lookup-table.c.  But I can't find this file (or
lookup-table.scm) anywhere!

Here's the gdb output:
$ gdb /usr/pkg/bin/chicken
GNU gdb 5.3nb1
This GDB was configured as "x86_64--netbsd"...
(gdb) run srfi-19.scm -output-file srfi-19.c -dynamic -feature
chicken-compile-shared -quiet -feature compiling-extension -optimize-level 2
-debug-level 1 -check-imports -emit-exports srfi-19.exports
Starting program: /usr/pkg/bin/chicken srfi-19.scm -output-file srfi-19.c
-dynamic -feature chicken-compile-shared -quiet -feature compiling-extension
-optimize-level 2 -debug-level 1 -check-imports -emit-exports srfi-19.exports

0x0000000201f04bbf in f_420 (c=3, t0=10779024, t1=140187732488584)
    at lookup-table.c:821
821     lookup-table.c: No such file or directory.
        in lookup-table.c
(gdb)

Does anyone have enough insight in the Chicken build to tell me where
this file/function comes from?  Can anyone reproduce this on
Linux/amd64?

Regards,
Peter
--