Re: [Chicken-users] CMake problem on Linux should be solved

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] CMake problem on Linux should be solved
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 09:52:41 +0200

On 9/8/06, Brandon J. Van Every <address@hidden> wrote:

Ah, now I see the problem.  The banner has changed the format for how
it presents >the version number.  My regex is surely failing.

I have fixed this already this morning around 4:30 , but apparently I
must have made a mistake and the patch didn't end up on galinha.

 Felix, it is hereby proven that you didn't touch or even look at CMake when
doing your recent Autoconf changes.  :-)  I was serious about not chasing
Autoconf, and not having things "dropped in my lap," especially right now
with my financial situation.  This one should be easy, but if you drop me
something that's hard, I'm simply not going to do anything about it.  And
I'm going to get very, very irritated if you break things, in some kind of
non-trivial manner, that I've been working hard to stabilize.  I don't have
any half-days to throw at CMake anymore; you will have to do them.  So
please consider design impacts on CMake.

Don't make a political thing out of this, Brandon. We are talking
about the development repository of an actively maintained open source
project. People involved do make mistakes, bugs appear and get fixed
(hopefully). If I made a change to Makefile.am without fixing the appropriate
section in CMakeLists.txt right away then it was simply by mistake.

Please, don't go on like this. Please don't start irritating _me_, as you
irritated each and every other open source language implementor.

I'm working my arse off for this fucking project, you know?

This is the last warning.