Re: [Chicken-users] CMake/MinGW build 325 is using wrong (Unix)filename

From: Ian Oversby
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] CMake/MinGW build 325 is using wrong (Unix)filename separat
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 14:58:54 +0000

In fact, this is a good question. I'm not really that knowledgable about MinGW but it seems that there are three shells you might want to use: cygwin, mingw and the normal windows shell. I built chicken with MSYS with uses forward slashes (although it horribly [or nicely depending on your point of view!] mangles the rest of the windows path, e.g. c:\chicken becomes /c/chicken). This being the case, I should presumably not apply the patch and install all the extensions I want from MSYS. I'll try that.

Hmmm, it seems that Windows slashes are the way to go. With Unix style slashes I get this from MSYS:

address@hidden /c/chicken-new
$ chicken-setup.exe regex-case
c:/chicken-new/csc -feature compiling-extension -O2 -no-trace -s regex-case.scm -emit-exports regex-case.exports regex-case.c:1: warning: -fPIC ignored for target (all code is position independent)
 copy regex-case.dll c:/chicken-new
The syntax of the command is incorrect.
Error: shell invocation failed with non-zero return status
"copy regex-case.dll c:/chicken-new"
1

copy isn't found by MSYS and couldn't handle the forward slash in c:/chicken-new correctly in any case.

In the Windows shell the following command worked a lot better after the patch to put Windows slashes in. Now to see if it actually does what it says on the tin.

C:\chicken-new>chicken-setup -c "-lws2_32" http

Ian