Re: [Chicken-users] posixunix.exports regexunix.exports

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] posixunix.exports regexunix.exports
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2006 13:36:10 +0200

On 7/3/06, Brandon J. Van Every <address@hidden> wrote:
 From a build standpoint, it is annoying to have posix.scm and regex.scm
emit .exports that have different root names than the files themselves.
That is, it makes me write new special case build rules.  Without such,
the BSD Unix CMake build is currently broken.  I propose either changing
the .exports emissions back to posix.exports and regex.exports, or
changing the names of the files to posixunix.scm and regexunix.scm.

What was the motivation for the changes to begin with?  They strike me
as cosmetic.

Since we need an .exports file for each library unit, and since some units
have different implementations depending on the system configuration,
we have to rename the exports files. Using posixunix, etc. instead might
be a good idea, though. I'll check this out.