Re: [Chicken-users] R6RS immutable pair

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] R6RS immutable pair
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2006 13:26:41 +0200

On 7/2/06, Kon Lovett <address@hidden> wrote:

My naive thought is 'list' should be disjoint from 'pair', although
how to achieve this escapes me. The message I get from section 5 is
'proper list' is a distinct type from 'circular list' & 'improper
list'. I agree, but ...

From an implementation point of view, I think adding an additional
pair type (transparent to normal list-processing procedures) and
an "immutability" bit might work. Still, this will be extra overhead
and not particularly clean to implement...