Re: [Chicken-users] Creating custom distribution

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Creating custom distribution
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 08:15:23 +0200

On 6/18/06, Jim Miller <address@hidden> wrote:

 I'm currently using chicken in a development environment that has no
connection to the internet, never will, and the deployment environments
don't have access either, never will.  I'd like to create a custom chicken
distribution that basically includes a whole nursery and that runs chicken
setup on the eggs in the nursery.  I know that I can construct a Makefile,
or better yet a scheme program, that will do this for me but it feels
cleaner to have it done as part of the top level install.

 Also, is there a way to get the current list of eggs from the main nursery
without having to scrape the HTML page?

With "nursery" you probably mean the egg-repository, right? (normally
"nursery" has a slight different, not necessarily sensible, meaning
related to GC).

You can download

http://www.call-with-current-continuation.org/eggs/repository

which contains the eggs, their dependencies, the date of the last
release and the name of the file to download.