Re: [Chicken-users] simple threading

From: Joerg F. Wittenberger
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] simple threading
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2006 10:47:10 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Felix,

I've been contemplating...could chicken include some basic support for
native thread communication?

rscheme has these C functions

void rscheme_intr_call0( obj thunk );
void rscheme_intr_call1( obj proc, obj arg );
void rscheme_intr_call2( obj proc, obj arg1, obj arg2 );

which basically enqueue a "virtual" signal, which is then processed
similar to system level signals.

BTW: I feel that it might be safer/easier and just enough to provide
only the first (thunk) version.

Matthew David Parker scripsit: