Re: [Chicken-users] eval.scm library.scm not handling Windows pathnames

From: Brandon J. Van Every
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] eval.scm library.scm not handling Windows pathnames
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 20:28:29 -0700

Brandon J. Van Every wrote:

Felix, I hope you can verify that I haven't broken anyone else's build, which is the main goal of the check-in. Secondly, if you could eyeball the Windows drive letter handling....

The -DC_INSTALL_LIB_HOME="E:/Program Files/Chicken/lib" problem is specific to the MinGW build! I built on VC++ and it builds fine. Haven't tested the behavior, and there are warnings about duplicate definitions due to chicken-defaults.h, but it builds. This is an important clue. It means that E: mishandling is probably due to an #ifdef _MSC_VER somewhere. Bad assumption that only MSVC sees E: pathnames, as MinGW is mostly used to build native Windows apps. I realize that MinGW doesn't have much history or track record with Chicken... that's why I've spent the past 9 months banging on these problems.

So, Felix, if you recall any _MSC_VER specific filename handling, that's probably the culprit.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every