Re: [Chicken-users] static library and link

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] static library and link
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 09:00:46 -0400

Thomas Chust scripsit:

> this again looks like Win32 mixed linkage problems. Try linking with the
> static chicken libraries by doing at least
>
>   csc -static-libs z.scm -L. -lxy

Works.  Thanks.

> or even
>
>   csc -static z.scm -L. -lxy

Also works.

Felix Winkelmann scripsit:

> >*** Shell command terminated with exit status 1: gcc -o z z.o -lchicken
> >-L/usr/local/lib -Wl,-R/usr/local/lib -L. -lxy -lpcre -lm  -lpcre
>
> Hm. Might be link-order related or some other cygwin breakage.
> You could try to link by hand and put -lxy first.

Rearranging to:

gcc -o z z.o -L/usr/local/lib -Wl,-R/usr/local/lib -L. -lxy -lchicken  -lpcre
-lm  -lpcre

does the job; IOW, -lchicken should be after the user-specified stuff
but before the system libraries.  I think that counts as a bug.

> [z2] probably expects ".dll" instead of ".so".

That's not it; at least, when I leave off the "-o xy.so" part, the
"csc -s x.scm y.scm" generates "x.dll", but z2 still reports the
same error (can't load library x) at run time.

They call it Woe32 for a reason, I guess.

--
Go, and never darken my towels again!           John Cowan
        --Rufus T. Firefly                      http://ccil.org/~cowan