Re: [Chicken-users] rails-like framework

From: Peter Busser
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] rails-like framework
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 16:05:22 +0200

Hi!

> Ajax egg.  And some session support, but we can do
> that easily, and even _better_ with continuations.  See
> (http://radio.weblogs.com/0102385/2004/04/03.html#a568) for some tasty
> stuff.  This could ideally be integrated in Spiffy.

IMHO it would be better to make it easy to integrate, but seperate from
Spiffy. There are people who do not want to or who cannot use Spiffy.
They would not benefit from such a framework.

For instance, in many companies, it is mandatory to use something like
Apache. It would be useful if this framework would work with the SCGI egg,
so it can be integrated with Apache through the mod-scgi module for Apache.

> I've been thinking about doing something like this myself since I am
> involved in web programming for a company where we are using PHP (yuck!)
> and Ruby.  I'd *love* to have something like Rails in Chicken.

I would love to have something like that too.

> If anyone is interested: having a decent userfriendly Scheme CMS would
> be *very* useful too :)

Agreed! I have been looking for something like that. IMHO it should consist
of building blocks, which can be glued together. This makes customisation
easier, because no size fits all.

Groetjes,
Peter.