Re: [Chicken-users] Re: https

From: Daishi Kato
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Re: https
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 12:02:14 +0900

At Sat, 8 Apr 2006 16:33:46 +0000 (GMT),
Thomas Chust wrote:
> > At Fri, 7 Apr 2006 17:27:43 +0000 (GMT),
> > Thomas Chust wrote:
> >> This works on my machine and looks fine as far as the use of the openssl
> >> egg is concerned. I would like to remark, though, that it may be useful if
> >> one could somehow specify the second optional parameter to ssl-connect to
> >> enable SSL protocol version selection and certificate management -- maybe
> >> one could hack an additional field into the http:request structure.
> >
> > You are absolutely right.
> > In fact, I was wondering how to specify CA certificates.
> > Here is a new patch.
>
> Great, looks good and works fine.

Committed.

> >> I think it should be possible to just create a version of http:GET with
> >> three optional arguments, [...]
> >
> > This is still different from what I desire.
> > I was thinking something like a global pool of connections
> > for each host:port, and a client program does not need to
> > keep track of input and output ports.
> > It can even seamlessly re-connect, once the old connection is closed.
> > [...]
>
> I have previously implemented this type of connection management in the
> rpc egg, so I threw together some code from there and from http-client to
> create an interface that seems to work fine. The source code is attached
> to this e-mail.

Thanks. This looks good.
I would implement it in http:send-request, though.
Let me work on it, based on your code (if there's no license conflict),
and I will come up with a patch.

BTW, I'm still not sure about the use of http:request-ip.
Your code indicates that is a replacement of host,
but it will not work since the default value is "<unknown>".

Daishi