Re: [Chicken-users] Chicken-setup 2.3 fails on Cygwin

From: Patrick Brannan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Chicken-setup 2.3 fails on Cygwin
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 08:01:43 -0600

I can get this to duplicate as well. I wondered for a while why this
doesn't happen with the MINGW build and took a look at the
create-directory lambda in chicken-setup. I noticed that in the
verbose output we were not getting an echo of the create-directory
function. So I changed the function to this:

(define create-directory
  (if windows
      (lambda (dir)
        (when (run-verbose) (printf "  win: creating directory `~a'~%~!" dir))
        (foreign-lambda void "create_directory" c-string))
      (lambda (dir)
        (when (run-verbose) (printf "  creating directory `~a'~%~!" dir))
        (system* "mkdir -p ~a" dir) ) ) )

Sure enough it spits out "win: creating directory `numbers.egg.dir'"

I would guess that it should use mkdir on cygwin. The question is how
to figure out if we are on cygwin.

Pat