Re: [Chicken-users] Configuring readline prompt

From: Peter Wright
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Configuring readline prompt
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 17:02:58 +0800

On 13/03 08:44:40, felix winkelmann wrote:
> On 3/10/06, Peter Wright <address@hidden> wrote:
[ snip ]
> > Is there a way to include this sort of information in the readline
> > string defined with make-gnu-readline-port?
>
> I have added support for `(repl-prompt)' in the readline egg (if the
> prompt argument to make-gnu-readline-port is omitted, it uses that
> parameter). To have history access ("#NNN") you must invoke csi with
> "-:c" (history is only kept when stdin is a tty port).

Awesome. Thank you very much.

> If someone has a suggestion to handle this better, please tell.

There's only one minor glitch for me:

------------------ ~/.csirc ------------------
(require 'readline)
(current-input-port (make-gnu-readline-port))
(gnu-history-install-file-manager (string-append (or (getenv "HOME") ".")
"/.csi.history"))
------------------ ~/.csirc ------------------

But at the REPL, after running with "csi -:c" :

------------------ at the REPL ------------------
Version 2, Build 3 - linux-unix-gnu-x86 - [ dload ptables ]
(c)2000-2005 Felix L. Winkelmann
#;1> #;1> 0
0
#;2> #;2>
#;2> 17
17
#;3> #;3>
------------------ at the REPL ------------------

As you can see, I get the #;n> sequence duplicated. When I hit enter
by itself, I got the single #;2> ... but then the dupe comes back at
prompt number three.

It works as you'd expect without the -:c flag, but (as you suggested)
the history number doesn't increment.

This is quite good enough even so, but I just thought I'd mention it. :)

> cheers,
> felix

Thanks again, I really appreciate it.

Pete.
--
http://flooble.net/blog
"The effect of reading an Unlambda program is like having your brains