[Chicken-users] Segfault manifested in sha2

From: Reed Sheridan
Subject: [Chicken-users] Segfault manifested in sha2
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 11:01:11 -0600

I've found that if you load postgresql and then load sha2 (but not the other way around), you get a segmentation fault when you use one of the digest functions.  I have reduced the problem to this:

(require-extension sha2)
(print (sha256:digest ""))

Compiled with csc -v scratch.scm -L`pg_config --libdir` -lpq, this causes a segmentation fault.  Without libpq, it works fine.

This appeared in old, previously working code after both rebuilding Chicken and updating just about everything else on my system, including libpq, to the newest debian unstable packages.  Everything else, including postgresql, seems to work.

Is anybody else having this problem?

Reed Sheridan