[Chicken-users] DEF files for Windows

From: Brandon J. Van Every
Subject: [Chicken-users] DEF files for Windows
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2006 05:13:15 -0800

Brandon J. Van Every wrote:
I do not assume that just because Chicken is built with MinGW that it is going to be used with MinGW. IIUC MinGW and MSVC code are often intermixed. That is, if I grab a library from somewhere I shouldn't have to care whether MinGW or MSVC built it.
I'm going up a learning curve on this. This article indicates it's quite a PITA.
http://www.geocities.com/yongweiwu/stdcall.htm
I am wondering if always building dlls from DEF files is The Right Thing To Do.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every