Re: svn repo and updates (was Re: [Chicken-users] Re: objc egg v0.4

From: Thomas Chust
Subject: Re: svn repo and updates (was Re: [Chicken-users] Re: objc egg v0.4
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 10:17:55 +0000 (GMT)

On Mon, 30 Jan 2006, DaishiKato wrote:

My suggestion is the following:
Check every commit automatically by a script,
and upload the egg only if the version number (maybe in the setup file)
is changed upwordly.
[...]

Hello,

generally I consider it a bad idea to change something without incrementing the version number. Of course one could for example agree on using at least three level version numbers and only uploading to the web when the first or second level changes -- but I don't know whether everybody wants to follow such a scheme.

Personally I liked the idea of a web interface where you could review and release eggs from the SVN repository to the web best.

cu,
Thomas