Re: [Chicken-users] A working CMakeLists.txt

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] A working CMakeLists.txt
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 08:26:00 +0100

On 12/14/05, Brandon J. Van Every <address@hidden> wrote:
> I found some bugs in CMake, pertaining to PREFIX and OUTPUT properties.
> Basically, they don't work correctly with respect to make targets, if
> there are 2 targets with the root word "chicken," i.e. libchicken.dll
> and chicken.exe.  Bill Hofffman has kindly provided a way to work around
> the problem.  The basic trick is to add lines such as
> ADD_DEPENDENCIES(chicken-setup chicken_exe) to anything that needs
> chicken.exe.

Thanks, I've applied your patches. When running this (actually the
previous version), I get errors during the build that indicate that
cmake doesn't like hyphens ("-") in target names (applies to
chicken-profile and chicken-setup). Do you get the same errors?

Also, Bill hinted that multiple DEFINE_SYMBOL properties are not allowed,
when set in a single SET_TARGET_PROPERTIES (applies to the libraries).

BTW, with your cmake-built version, does

(require 'srfi-1)

(i.e. dynamic loading) work?

> I suppose we don't have a README on how to use CMake to build Chicken.
> I will prepare one.  Meanwhile, If you understand how to set up Chicken
> for a ./configure based build, i.e. all the paths and etc., and you also
> know CMake's general theory of operation, i.e. a CMakeLists.txt and
> using CMakeSetup.exe, then you're all set.

A README would be helpful. Thanks.